Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Spiritual Experience Described

 By Dan Farish

It must have been the fifteenth or sixteenth night when the miracle happened. My routine had been the same that night as all the others. I laid in bed reciting the 3 Steps, as I'd done for the previous fortnight, asking humbly and sincerely, without fail. This ritual was repeated dozens of times each night with a few short breaks in between. During those breaks, I’d talk to my Higher Power in a more casual way, describing how my addiction felt like a dark cloud, confiding my fears, and asking for help in overcoming both. I'd been told sincerity counted. I was more than sincere. I was desperate for help.

This one-sided conversation had gone on for two weeks straight and I was starting to wonder if it was a waste of time. Somewhat frustrated, I started to ask myself if God was even listening. I never got the chance to finish the question. Out of the blue something jolted me, causing my entire body to tighten up. My muscles clenched and released, repeatedly and uncontrollably, as if some invisible giant was grabbing me by the belt, lifting ninety percent of my body off the bed and slamming me back down. My chest constricted and my legs froze, thrusting my chest upwards and releasing me again, which must have resembled a seizure. The movements knocked the breath out of me, which was frightening at first. 

But fear was replaced with an energy I’d never felt before. Soothing waves of incredibly powerful warmth and love pulsed through my body, dissolving the anxiety and tension I’d carried for so many years. It felt as if God had walked into the room, laid both hands on me, and penetrated my body and soul with some kind of divine electricity. I laid back and went along for the ride, alternately feeling like I’d been plugged into an electrical outlet and caressed by a warm, loving energy like no other. I can only describe the feeling as having been ZAPPED with the most amazing energy on earth and for which there are no words. It felt like love multiplied by infinity. The experience lasted for somewhere between 15-20 minutes. When it ended, I felt both exhilarated and exhausted. Within minutes, exhaustion won out and I fell into a deep sleep. When I awoke the next morning my addiction was gone. The intense cravings that had driven me to drink for more than twenty years had vanished and haven’t returned even once in nearly two decades.

I’m not quite sure what happened that night, but one thing is certain. A miracle took place. No doubt exists in my mind that a Higher Power not only heard my plea for help, but reached out and healed my soul. Love walked in, grabbed my addiction by the scruff of its dirty neck, and marched it out the door. The inner turmoil and tension that had haunted me for most of my life evaporated in an instant and were replaced by a quiet calmness and inner peace that remain to this day. I know it’s difficult to believe in miracles unless you’ve experienced one of your own. Unfortunately, the only way to describe the experience is by telling it exactly as it happened. It is as it is. Whether or not anyone else believes a spiritual healing actually occurred is their own choice. The fact that the word miracle exists certainly suggests that inexplicable events have occurred throughout history. Some might choose to view my experience as self-hypnosis, or even temporary insanity, spurred by desperation. To me, it really doesn’t matter. The bottom line is that it worked. My addiction was instantly and permanently erased, which was a true miracle, regardless how it came to be.

But you don’t need to be an alcoholic or drug addict to benefit from a spiritual healing experience. People struggling with depression, anxiety, loneliness, PTSD and a long list of other disorders can be healed using a spiritual approach. An open mind, an open heart, and willingness play key roles in a spiritual experience. If you'd like to learn how to connect with your own spiritual healing, click here.

Be sure to sign up for our newsletter to receive fresh, new articles, updates and special offers delivered directly to your inbox. Thanks for joining me and you have a fantastic day!

5 comments:

  1. I, too received Divine Intervention, not quite in the way that you did, but just as powerful. What I came out of it was an immense need to give and to love as well as a complete and unequivocal belief that God does love me, God does care, and most importantly; God is there, every moment of every day.
    What I've learner through the experience is to love all God's children, regardless of who they are and where they come from. I tell everyone I work with that God can take everything from us, all we have to do is BELIEVE, and it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing, Diana. I'm so pleased for you to have had such a life changing experience and yes, a burning desire to help others is a direct result of a spiritual experience.

      Delete
  2. My spiritual experience is wonder for me because first time I was loosing my concentration power so it is really hard to focus only one thing and forget all. But when I'd applied it on daily basis then I realize that I was improved. I needed a person for spiritual guidance and I've contacted with Chamunda Swami Ji and continued with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sai S. Suresh Uses the gifted sixth sense to generate healing process and visualise the happenings of past, present and the futureSpiritual Healing Centres in Bangalore|Pranic Healing in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can truly relate and retain this outstanding post. Very well written.
    Spiritual healer

    ReplyDelete